NorQuin Brand Quinoa Products are made from our proprietary quinoa varieties which have adapted to grow on the Canadian prairies. We assure quality, as we oversee the production from field to fork.
NorQuin Brand Quinoa is pre-washed and ready to use. Golden Quinoa has a distinctive sweet nutty flavor which is great to eat on its own while also creating a distinct base for many of our value added quinoa products.
NorQuin Golden, our signature quinoa variety, is locally grown in Western Canada. This product, which is nutritionally similar to imported quinoa varieties has the following features:
- Contains all nine essential amino acids
- Great flavour profile. Distinct sweet, nutty flavour.
- Low glycemic index relative to brown rice and other grains
- Produced through sustainable farming practices in North America
- Pre-washed and ready to cook
- Registered non GMO
- Kosher certified
While there may be no mountains in Saskatchewan; agriculture is a very important and prosperous industry in the Canadian province. The cool and dry climate of Northern Saskatchewan in particular, has a lot of similarities to the regions of South America where quinoa has traditionally grown.